Despite Demonization of the Muslims by Media & Right Wing Trolls, some Muslims have set Examples of brotherhood and communal Harmony by performing the final rites of Hindu brothers.Below are few of the news reports of such instances where Muslims Cremated deceased as per Hindu Rituals when their own community people expressed their inability to join the last rites due to Covid-19 lock-down.
- Mumbai: Members of the Muslim community helped in performing the last rites of their 68-year-old Hindu neighbour here in suburban Bandra after the latter’s relatives could not reach his place due to the lockdown. Read More.
- Indore: Unable to find a vehicle amid the nationwide lock-down, a Hindu woman’s bier was carried by her Muslim neighbors to a cremation ground in Indore. The young men also helped the woman’s sons with her last rites as most of her relatives did not participate in the funeral due to fears of corona virus. Read More.
- In Bulandshahr, a man named Ravishankar died. Because of the #COVID fear, none of his relatives came to lift the bier. His Muslim neighbors came to the rescue, lifted the bier & also chanted “Ram Naam Satya hai” in the funeral procession. Read More
- Assam: Muslims perform last rites of Hindu neighbor in Dhubri amid COVID-19 lock-down
Shanti Choudhary (75) wife of Doodhnath Choudhary, a local resident of Panbari village died at about 10 am on Wednesday morning. Her relatives expressed their inability in joining the last rites at Panbari area; about 20 kilometers away from district headquarter due to the restrictions. Read More
- Meet Mohammad Shareef- Saviour of the dead: Burying the bodies India forgets
Mohammad Shareef never got to bury his son. Instead, he has spent the last 27 years burying the unclaimed sons and daughters of thousands of other families. Read More
- Rajasthan: Muslims stand in for family of dead Hindu, perform last rites
A classic example of communal harmony came to fore on Monday in Jaipur when a few Muslim men performed the last rites of a Hindu man, as the deceased’s family could not reach the state capital due to lockdown. Read More
These incident are being cited as an excellent example of unity between communities and the way people are coming forward to help each other in these times of distress.